ALISO VIEJO, Calif., Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Microsemi Corporation (Nasdaq: MSCC), a leading provider of semiconductor solutions differentiated by power, security, reliability and performance, today introduced its PD-9001GR, a single-port 802.3at Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) midspan providing one of the highest levels of energy-efficiency and one of the industry's smallest midspan devices. The PD-9001GR midspan complies with IEEE802.3at standards for delivering up to 30 watts (W) of power to network devices such as WLAN access points, IP cameras and VoIP, and is also designed for emerging high power applications.
"Our new single-port 802.3at midspan leverages the industry-leading efficiency of Microsemi's PoE technology by offering one of the smallest, most energy-efficient devices available on the market," said Sani Ronen, director of marketing for PoE systems at Microsemi. "We continue to see an increase in the number of WLAN access points, PTZ IP cameras and other devices that require high power. Our PD-9001 series addresses this growing demand for increased energy efficiency while providing 30 watts of output power."
In addition to its high quality and reliability, the new midspan offers improved LED visibility and meets FCC Part 15, Class B with high margins. The device enables delivery of both data and power over a single standard RJ-45 cable, eliminating the need for external power supplies and their associated AC/DC power cabling, while providing affordable, safe and reliable power over existing Ethernet infrastructures.Key features include:
- IEEE802.3at-compliant with two-event classification
- IEEE 802.3af backward compatible
- Output power of 30W is guaranteed
- Supports 10/100/1000Base-T applications
- Compatible with IEEE 802.3af devices and pre-standard devices
- Safe: low power devices receive only the power they need
- Automatic detection and protection of non–standard Ethernet terminals
- Compact design fits easily in WLAN access point and IP camera installations