Mcor Technologies Announces Availability Of The IRIS, The World's First True Colour 3D Printer
FRANKFURT, Germany, November 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Mcor Technologies Ltd today announced the availability of a new 3D printer with the most powerful colour capability ever. Named after the goddess of the rainbow, the Mcor IRIS prints in more than one million hues simultaneously as it creates photo-realistic physical objects from 3D data. Available in December, the IRIS will produce 3D models all week at Euromold 2012 , Hall 11.0, Stand B109.
High-fidelity colour is critical for many organizations in manufacturing, education, architecture, military and health care that need product prototypes, architectural studies, three-dimensional maps and medical models to improve sales, marketing, communication, treatment and logistics .While most "colour" 3D printers print only a handful of colours - one at a time in solid patches - the IRIS delivers True Colour, printing different hues simultaneously from a palette more than twice the size of its nearest competitor, including pure black. Mcor takes its unique colour capability a major step further by rendering colour as rich, vibrant and complex as it appears on a computer screen. That's because the build material is paper, the original and natural medium for coloured ink. The plaster employed by other 3D printers turns ink to mud, significantly altering intended hues. "With the IRIS, what you see on your screen is what you get in your hand, and that's limited only by your imagination," said Mcor co-founder and CEO Dr. Conor MacCormack. "Ink was intended for paper, which is the ideal canvas for bright, high-resolution colour." Other factors in IRIS colour quality include:
- Mcor's patented 3D colour ink, which permeates the entire part, not just the surface.
- Printabilty on all surfaces, including undercuts and side walls.
- Consistent colour from part to part.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV