Examples of recent cloud advancements include health care clouds that help the health care industry address the privacy requirements under the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA); clouds that help retail and other business transactions comply with Payment Card Industry standards; and clouds that help the public sector comply with the Federal Information Security Management Act.
2. The Mobile Majority Is Taking Charge
According to Forrester, "a full 66 percent of employees now use two or more mobile devices for work" 2 -- and that has far-reaching implications.
"Employees – and the customers they serve – have less and less separation between their work and private lives," Small said. "Enterprises in 2013 must accommodate and prioritize this new demand for efficiency and productivity, and information technology departments will play a key role in meeting the growing appetite for professional mobility on a personal level."As a result, companies will increasingly adopt cloud-based enterprise mobility strategies – creating "personal clouds" where employees can use enterprise applications to do their jobs more effectively. In addition, companies will be more proactive in tackling the challenges associated with dealing with the division of employees' personal and professional lives, by using mobile-device management and private application storefronts to create a more secure, mobile work environment. 3. Connected Machines Drive New Insights The "Internet of Things" has arrived, and it will continue to grow to meet specific industry requirements. According to a Gartner report, "In 2011, over 15 billion things on the Web with 50 billion+ intermittent connections will grow by 2020 to over 30 billion connected things, with over 200 billion with intermittent connections." 3 Machine-to-machine (M2M) connections now cover much more than smart energy delivery and smart cars. For example, elaborate networks of sensors with direct machine-to-machine connections now underpin connected health care and the first consumer-ready wave of automotive telematics.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV