BASKING RIDGE, N.J., Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The new year will see greater adoption of advanced technology to meet changing demands of enterprises while increasing productivity and creating new experiences for customers, according to Verizon's top business-tech trends for 2013.
"As companies look to transform their businesses in the year ahead, Verizon is zeroing in on the most meaningful opportunities for our enterprise and government clients worldwide," said David Small, senior vice president and chief platform officer for Verizon Enterprise Solutions. "Next year, we are continuing to sharpen our focus on harnessing the power of our advanced technology platforms to deliver industry-specific solutions that unlock productivity and value for our clients, their customers and society."
1. The Forecast Is Bright for Hybrid CloudsDistributed data centers and the intelligent wired and mobile networks that connect them now represent a viable alternative to traditional virtual private network (VPN) methods that long have formed the backbone of distributed enterprise communications for a generation. Next year, there will be a significant shift from VPNs to public, private and, importantly, hybrid clouds. "By 2013, more than 60 percent of all enterprises will have adopted some form of cloud computing," according to a Gartner report. 1 "To keep up with the changing demands of today's enterprise, the ideal platform needs to be secure and easy to use and configure," said Small. "In 2013, if you can't switch workloads between public and private clouds, you won't be competitive. This next year will require a bold approach to embracing change and re-engineering networks in support of cloud-based applications."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV