Researchers Identify Physiological Evidence Of 'Chemo Brain'
For patient-friendly information on PET/CT, visit
AT A GLANCE
- Brain scans showed physiological evidence of 'chemo brain,' a common complaint in patients undergoing chemotherapy for cancer treatment.
- PET/CT demonstrated statistically significant decreases in regional brain metabolism that were closely associated with symptoms of chemo brain phenomenon.
- Chemo brain phenomenon is described as 'mental fog' and 'loss of coping skills' by patients who receive chemotherapy.
SOURCE Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts