New Studies Show Effects Of Mammography Guideline Changes
For patient-friendly information on mammography, visit
AT A GLANCE
- In 2009, the USPSTF issued controversial new guidelines recommending routine biennial screening with mammography only for women 50 to 74 years old.
- In one study, nearly 20 percent of cancers detected with screening mammography were among women between ages 40 and 49.
- Screening mammography utilization among the Medicare population declined 4.3 percent from 2009 to 2010.
SOURCE Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV