New Studies Show Effects Of Mammography Guideline Changes
For patient-friendly information on mammography, visit
AT A GLANCE
- In 2009, the USPSTF issued controversial new guidelines recommending routine biennial screening with mammography only for women 50 to 74 years old.
- In one study, nearly 20 percent of cancers detected with screening mammography were among women between ages 40 and 49.
- Screening mammography utilization among the Medicare population declined 4.3 percent from 2009 to 2010.
SOURCE Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts