BioTime, Inc. (NYSE MKT: BTX) announced with sadness that Abraham (Barry) E. Cohen, a member of its Board of Directors, passed away on Thursday, November 22, 2012 at the age of 76.
Mr. Cohen has been a valued member of the Board of Directors and was a member of several committees, including the Audit Committee. Mr. Cohen had a long career in the pharmaceutical industry, where he played a key role in the development of international business for Merck & Co. While at Merck, Mr. Cohen was a leader in the development of Merck’s international business, initially in Asia, then in Europe and, subsequently, in all international regions as President of Merck Sharp & Dohme, which manufactures and markets human health products outside the United States.
“It was a great privilege to work with a man of Barry’s stature,” said Michael D. West, CEO of BioTime. “His enthusiasm and energy for the industry was infectious. We will continue to labor to advance his vision of a brighter future for mankind through advances in medical research.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV