It's about creating an entirely new experience.
Thinking about why shopping remains an attractive proposition, not just a utilitarian task, when it happens online or in urban environments provides a point along the continuum brick and mortar retailers can use to truly start thinking differently.
Best Buy did an excellent job getting consumers to its mobile app as well as its physical stores on Black Friday. That was a bright spot. But, again, that's one ingredient of a larger, yet-to-be-defined experience.
There's got to be a way to tie it all together. These experiences.The next generation of retailers will create entirely new experiences. Ones that did not exist before they conceived them. Just like Amazon did when it paid for Best Buy's still-empty (though not for long) cemetery plot. Follow @rocco_thestreet
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV