OATRA Makes Case To Vote No On SB273
COLUMBUS, Ohio, Nov. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Ohio Auto and Truck Recyclers Association (OATRA) has renewed its call to the Ohio House Insurance Committee to support Ohio jobs and vote against Senate Bill 273. The Insurance Committee is scheduled to meet tomorrow for final consideration of the proposed legislation.
OATRA has been a consistent voice for the auto recyclers of Ohio and the thousands of jobs that they represent. Nearly two weeks ago, when this same committee heard public comment on the bill, OATRA representatives spoke about the job-killing impacts this legislation would have.
"We have made our case with the facts," said Jim McKinney, President of OATRA. "By opening salvage auctions to unlicensed individuals, this legislation would have a negative impact on our industry and economy. It's a bad bill, and it would be bad for Ohio."
OATRA has demonstrated that this bill would create unsound public policy for the state. Licensed auto recyclers abide by the high standards of the industry, protecting the environment from contaminants and keeping damaged, unsafe vehicles off the streets. Senate Bill 273 would allow anyone to purchase at these salvage auctions, creating new risks to public safety and the environment.With fewer salvage auctions available for recyclers, the inevitable impact is less business and fewer jobs. Some recyclers may be forced out of business entirely. More information is available at www.OATRA.net. Contact: Jim McKinney (419) 747-0127 SOURCE Ohio Auto and Truck Recyclers Association (OATRA)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV