Statement By The Honourable Bal Gosal, Minister Of State (Sport), On The Presentation Of The Big Splash Awards
TORONTO, Nov. 26, 2012 /CNW/ - I'm very pleased that Swimming Canada, in partnership with CANSwim, is presenting the 2012 Big Splash Awards to recognize Canadians who have excelled in the sport of swimming at the international level this year.
Throughout the year, Canadian swimmers have made a name for themselves nationally and internationally.
The Government of Canada is proud to support Canadian athletes at all levels, including those who represented our country at the London Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2012. Our Canadian swimmers brought home four gold, nine silver and three bronze medals from the Paralympic Games, as well as a silver and two bronze medals from the Olympic Games. These athletes are outstanding role models for Canadians of all ages, and particularly for young Canadians.
The Government of Canada is the single largest contributor to sport in Canada and supports participation and excellence from playground to podium. We are committed to working with Canada's sport organizations, like Swimming Canada, to support our athletes, and we are proud to promote Canadian sport excellence through programs and policies that contribute to athletic achievement in world-class competition.As Minister of State (Sport), I would like to recognize all our athletes who are being honoured at the 2012 Big Splash Awards. Congratulations on this important achievement. SOURCE Canadian Heritage
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV