Peter Chernin and Pivoting Are Good for Twitter
Won't there be more media companies using Twitter in the future? And won't they over-commercialize the service?
When it happens, I'll be the first to blow the alarm. But I just don't see it. Up until now, any media joining Twitter or promoting a hashtag on a commercial has only made the service better, not worse.
I'll give Costolo and his management team the benefit of the doubt on this one -- and keep tweeting.
At the time of publication, the author had no positions in any of the companies mentioned.Follow @ericjackson This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV