Universal Music Group (UMG) Begins Expansion Of EMI With Appointment Of Steve Barnett To Chairman & CEO Of Capitol Music Group
"It was not an easy decision to leave such a successful company as Columbia, with its incredibly talented artists and the team of people who work so hard on their behalf," continued Mr. Barnett. "However, I know that the label is in great hands and I wish them all the best in the future as I move on to my new company home."
The appointment of Mr. Barnett is among the first of many steps that will be taken by UMG to expand EMI's creative ranks, reinvest in new talent, enhance innovation and create more diversity and choice for consumers.
Most recently, Mr. Barnett was Co-Chairman & COO of Columbia Records. The company's market share rose consistently throughout his tenure, resulting in a 50% increase in current market share (27% overall) between 2009 and 2012.
While at Columbia as Co-Chairman & COO, Mr. Barnett presided over highly successful campaigns for some of music's most important developing and established artists, including Adele, Beyonce, John Mayer, Jack White, The Shins, One Direction, Maxwell, Foster The People, J. Cole and Britain's Got Talent superstar Susan Boyle.Mr. Barnett first joined Sony Music's Epic Records in 1996 as Senior Vice President, International, rising to Senior Vice President Worldwide Marketing for the label in 1997. He served as Executive Vice President/ General Manager for four years after that, rising to label President in 2004. He was appointed Co-Chairman and COO of Columbia in 2005. SOURCE Universal Music Group
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV