GE Lighting—inventor of many of the major lighting technologies at work today, including the first visible LED 50 years ago—has signed an agreement to acquire Boulder, Colorado-based Albeo Technologies Inc., a privately held LED fixture manufacturer established in 2004.
“The addition of Albeo Technologies’ immensely talented team and its award-winning LED fixture portfolio enhances GE Lighting’s ability to serve as a trusted advisor to enterprise customers around the world,” says Maryrose Sylvester, president and CEO, GE Lighting. “This acquisition is a big boost for GE customers moving aggressively toward an all-LED building envelope in new construction and retrofits, including retail, commercial and industrial high-bay applications.”
GE’s professional solutions business today offers commercial, industrial and municipal customers a range of legacy lighting solutions and LED systems for architectural, indoor, outdoor, signage, retail and transportation applications.
Albeo Technologies’ LED systems—high-bay, low-bay, linear, surface mount and under cabinet fixtures—are at work in commercial, warehouse, industrial, cold storage, office, data center, food processing, parking garage, school, sporting and correctional settings. Its solutions have helped to illuminate a range of “all-LED” facilities, including one of the world’s 10 largest data centers. Albeo Technologies’ products have been recognized with 16 independently judged awards, including 6 from the US Department of Energy.“Today’s news is significant for what it enables customers to do with lighting,” says Jeff Bisberg, Albeo Technologies’ co-founder and CEO. “Joining GE vastly expands the universe of customers with access to our breakthrough LED solutions and it profoundly empowers our research and product development capability. Our team takes great pride in the fact that we’re now part of the company behind the invention of the LED.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV