Just in time for Cyber Monday, Dollar General (NYSE: DG) announces its new mobile applications for iPhone and Android smartphones that include sales ads, store locations, coupons and more, giving shoppers access to Dollar General anytime, anywhere in the palm of their hand.
With the new Dollar General smartphone application, users can also learn about
exclusive Cyber Monday deals available online for Nov. 26 including:
- Polaroid 1.5 inch 4GM MP3 Player: $10
- Atari Flashback 4 Plug & Play: $25
- Sega Genesis Ultimate Portable Game Player: $25
- Arcade Classic SEGA Genesis Game Console: $28
- E-Reader with 7 inch screen: $25
- SoundLogic Android 2.3 Notebook: $85
“Many of our shoppers use mobile phones for shopping and to make purchasing decisions,” said Todd Vasos, Dollar General’s executive vice president, division president and chief merchandising officer. “We’re making shopping at Dollar General simpler for our customers by making ads and information available at the touch of a button on their mobile phone.”
The new app allows customers to:
- Find stores with a store locator.
- View ads, create shopping lists and share via email or text message.
- Save money with mobile coupons.
- Use free Quick Response (QR) scanner to access upcoming sales and unlock additional savings.
- Connect with Dollar General through Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
Consumers who download the application will be the first to learn about upcoming sales and can take advantage of special discounts and coupons that will be available on the DG mobile app and DG’s mobile site. The Dollar General application is currently available for free in most popular smart phone application markets.