Zenith Pilot Big Date Special
Price: $5,400 in leather
Remember that nut Felix Baumgartner, who got his 15 minutes of fame by jumping to Earth from space with nothing more than a parachute? Well, he was sponsored by watchmaker Zenith. And don't you know it, the marketing stunt paid off. It certainly helped sell me on its latest riff on the Pilot line: the Big Date Special.
Do not go for the pricier metal band with this model. Stick with the throwback, stitched, aged brown-leather bracelet for a traditional chronograph look you can wear anywhere with style. Keep in mind, this manual-wind watch steps into some serious tech territory, beating away at 36,000 vibrations per hour (which is really fast). And let me tell you something, this is a nice little watch: It has an attractive face, an elegant chronograph layout and well-done brushed steel hands.The facing and some band details could be better engineered, but overall the Pilot Big Date Special gives off a big, rugged tech-watch feel that still works with casual clothing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV