Price: About $1,717
If you held me down and forced me to choose, I'd say the single best watch of the year is the Nomos Orion. This understated, classic piece is the brainchild of the first-rate German makers from the watch-mad town of Glashutte. Nomos specializes in thin, discreetly elegant wristers that whisper style and elegance. The face is so easy to read, the case is so thin and the unit so light on your wrist that you will never want to take it off. Even better, Nomos has broken the Orion line down into several subtle sub-units that allow anybody to choose exactly the look they want. Between the anthracite black model, the off-red rose unit or the traditional white steel pieces, a set of Orions could be all the watches you ever own.
Watch geeks will be impressed at the mechanical so-called Alpha movement, which is factory-calibrated -- and visible from the back of the watch. I have heard that some purists dis this watch because Nomos is not making what is considered an originally designed mechanism. And the minimalist look is either in your blood or not. But for a legit, top-end manual winder at a comparatively reasonable price, the Orion is value watch of the moment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV