Chopard L.U.C 8HF
Price: Starts at a reported $19,800
Chopard is a high-end luxury watchmaker that claims it makes the fastest-beating mechanical watch on the market. Considering it is running at 57,600 vibrations per hour, that's probably correct. What that all means: The L.U.C 8HF can slice time into ever thinner slices, a wonderfully elegant trick, and Chopard has done a nice job of bringing out the hardcore engineering of this watch in its design. It is fabulous looking as well as fabulously well engineered. It has a 60-hour run time on a single wind of the barrel, and I liked the machine screws that hold the watch together. Elegant indeed.
For sure, this is a watch for geeks, by geeks. Only 100 will be made, and $19,800 is a lot of money. But for making the ultimate timekeeping statement with a traditional, mechanically powered watch, the 8HF is the watch of the moment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV