1. As of noon trading, Broadcom Corporation ( BRCM) is up $0.44 (1.4%) to $32.02 on average volume Thus far, 3.2 million shares of Broadcom Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $31.60-$32.16 after having opened the day at $31.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.58. Broadcom Corporation designs and develops semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. It provides a portfolio of system-on-a-chip (SoC) and software solutions. Broadcom Corporation has a market cap of $16.0 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.5, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 33 analysts that rate Broadcom Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Broadcom Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Broadcom Corporation Ratings Report now. Holiday Special: Subscribe to Action Alerts PLUS to see how Jim Cramer trades his $2.5 Million+ portfolio for 51% off the list price. Your first 14-days are FREE: Sign up today to get e-mail alerts before every trade If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the electronics industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Technology ( IYW) while those bearish on the electronics industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Semiconductor ( SSG). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts