So when people are looking at this chart and they're looking at you and they're looking at the competitors, do you feel like you'll have, I don't know, like a Cigna light, like a lower-priced product that people could choose if they really just don't make much money?
Cordani: Well, it's not necessarily a product for people who don't make much money. It's a matter of getting the right coverage for the right individual. So we've been able to innovate in the U.S., and the U.S. employment market and healthcare market has been flat over the last three years, yet we've actually grown our revenue and our customer base every year.
We've grown by focusing on customers and then designing the solutions -- to your point -- the products, that meet an individual's need, whether it's getting the right prevention and wellness, catastrophic cover, the right access to physicians. Additionally, what's been key to us is we have a lot of partnerships with physicians around the U.S.
So, by partnering with physicians, you're able to get a better cost outcome, a better service outcome, but there's trade-offs for individuals. So focusing on the individual, innovating products and making sure you get the right price point value for them, has been key and will be key in the exchanges.Well, it does sound like a very simple method to go about keeping the business run well. And I have to disclose that Cigna is the provider for TheStreet's employees. --Written by Debra Borchardt in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Debra Borchardt. Follow @WallandBroad
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV