PowerballÂ® Jackpot Hits Record $425 Million For Nov. 28 Drawing
Pennsylvania Lottery Reminds Players to Play Responsibly
MIDDLETOWN, Pa., Nov. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- As the Powerball® jackpot has reached a game-record $425 million annuity value, or a $278.3 million cash prize, for the Wednesday, Nov. 28 drawing, the Pennsylvania Lottery today reminded its customers to play responsibly.
Only one U.S. lottery jackpot has ever been larger: the $656 million Mega Millions jackpot on March 30, 2012, which was claimed as a $471 million cash prize.The current Powerball jackpot run began Oct. 6 and there have been 15 consecutive draws without a jackpot winner. Through Nov. 25, the Pennsylvania Lottery has seen more than $58 million in Powerball and Powerplay sales for the current jackpot run. Considering about 30 cents of each dollar spent on Lottery is dedicated to programs benefiting older Pennsylvanians, this Powerball run has already generated more than $17 million for the Lottery Fund. The Pennsylvania Lottery suggests players should purchase their Powerball tickets early to avoid any last-minute rush and reminds them to always play responsibly. How to play Powerball: Players pay $2 and select five white balls from the first set of 59 numbers plus a single red ball, the Powerball, from a second set of 35 numbers. Players may select their own numbers using a Powerball playslip, or they may opt for computer-selected quick picks. Players must match all five numbers drawn plus the Powerball number to win the jackpot. There also are eight additional ways for players to win a cash prize. Powerball tickets are sold in 44 participating jurisdictions. Drawings are held on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Tickets are sold until 9:59 p.m. on those days.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV