$1 Million In Grants Awarded To Organizations That Target Prevention Of Child Abuse And Neglect In Pennsylvania
HARRISBURG, Pa., Nov. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Nine organizations have been awarded $1.08 million in Children's Trust Fund grants aimed at child abuse and neglect prevention programs for parents and families to create better outcomes for Pennsylvania children.
Administered by the Department of Public Welfare's Office of Child Development and Early Learning programs, Children's Trust Fund grants focus on strengthening families, and building protective factors and resiliency within parents, caregivers and children in order to prevent child abuse and neglect.
"One child abused or neglected is one too many, so we must focus on prevention programs that will help families with the important skills that they need to raise their children in safe and attentive homes," Department of Public Welfare Secretary Gary D. Alexander said. "These grants are about helping to strengthen the family core and the values in raising children."
Selected grantees in 2012 will use evidence- or research-based methods to provide comprehensive support services to pregnant and parenting teens and young adults that will strengthen families and family environments to prevent child abuse and neglect.Since its inception in 1988, Pennsylvania has continued its commitment to keeping children safe by awarding over $33 million in Children's Trust Fund grants to 262 organizations across the state. The Pennsylvania Children's Trust Fund is funded through revenue generated from a $10 surcharge on all marriage and divorce applications filed in the state. For more information, visit www.dpw.state.pa.us or call 1-800-692-7462. Media contact: Carey Miller or Donna Kirker Morgan, 717-425-7606 Editor's Note: A list of grant recipients is below. The grants cover the period of Nov. 1, 2012, through Oct. 31, 2015.
- Butler County – Family Pathways, $120,000
- Delaware County – PA Pathways, $120,000
- Indiana/ Armstrong County – ARIN Intermediate Unit #28, $120,000
- Lancaster County – Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit, $120,000
- Montgomery County – Pottstown Family Center, $120,000
- Philadelphia County – Einstein Healthcare Network, $119,999
- Snyder/ Union County -- Union-Snyder Community Action Agency, $120,000
- Somerset County – Community Action for Somerset County Partnership, $120,000
- Washington/ Greene County – Community Action Southwest, $120,000
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV