Cabozantinib is an oral drug designed to block two major molecular pathways by which tumor cells grow. In the phase III study of advanced MTC patients, treatment with cabozantinib resulted in a median progression-free survival of 11.2 months compared to 4 months for patients treated with a placebo. Cabozantinib reduced the risk of MTC re-growth by 72% compared to placebo.
In phase II studies of men with advanced prostate cancer, cabozantinib has shown the potential to reduce or halt the spread of tumors to bones as well as reduce pain.
-- Reported by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV