Chase customers can get debit cards on the spot in 2,000 branches in select regions, with a focus on New York City, Chicago and Los Angeles by year-end. They will be able to get a personalized Chase debit card when they open a new checking account or lose or damage their existing card – eliminating the several-day wait to receive a card through the mail.
Instant-issue technology (Photo: Business Wire)
“Instant-issue is a real time-saver for our customers,” said Brad Nolan, Head of Design for Branch Innovation. “Customers can enter their local branch, select a debit card of their choice, select a PIN, and begin using their card immediately. And if a customer’s card is lost or damaged, they can get a new one right there.”
Chase will install instant-issue technology in 800 additional branches across the United States during 2013. The bank also plans to offer the same convenience for customers with Chase-branded credit cards and the Chase Liquid reloadable card.
The new instant-issue debit cards are the latest step in Chase’s overall efforts to make banking simpler, easier and more convenient for customers through innovative products and services. Chase also:
- Became the first large bank to adopt a simple disclosure form for its checking accounts based on Pew Health Group’s recommendations;
- Reduced and eliminated several checking account fees;
- Launched @ChaseSupport, its first customer service Twitter handle; and
- Continues to pilot new branch technologies, including self-service banking kiosks that let customers handle many transactions quickly on their own.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts