Apple (AAPL) ($571.50 vs. $560.91 on Nov. 21) rallied 1.9% between Tuesday's close and the close on Black Friday. Apple maintained its buy rating according to ValuEngine with a projected 12-month gain of 5.07%. Apple is thus on the cusp of a potential downgrade to hold. Apple's fair value is $621.17 so the stock is 8% undervalued. Apple's 12-month forward P/E from Wall Street analysts is favorable at 10.85.
The daily chart for Apple is positive with Friday's close above the 21-day SMA at $569.45. The 200-day SMA at $639.78 held on Nov. 16. This week's value level is $508.60 with my semiannual value level at $481.73, and the 200-day SMA at $597.82.
Chart Courtesy of Thomson/ReutersAt the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV