Amazon.com (AMZN) ($239.88 vs. $233.78 on Nov. 21) gained 2.6% between Tuesday's close and the close on Black Friday. This reduced the stock's projected 12-month gain to 4.67% and hence the downgrade to hold from buy according to ValuEngine. Amazon's fair value is $195.89 so the stock is 22.45% overvalued. The main reason for this overvaluation is Amazon's 12-month forward price-to-earnings ratio from Wall Street analysts at 140.35.
The daily chart for Amazon is positive after the 200-day simple moving average at $220.83 held on Nov. 15 and Nov. 16. This week's value level is $221.87 with my annual pivot remains a magnet at $236.23 with the 50-day SMA at $243.15 and my quarterly risky level at $263.71.
Chart Courtesy of Thomson/Reuters
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV