SEATTLE and NEW YORK, Nov. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, the biggest names in home baking and entertaining, Allrecipes.com, Ladies' Home Journal and NESTLE TOLL HOUSE, announced the third annual Cookies Across America campaign. This year's holiday campaign centers around launching the World's Biggest Cookie Swap by leveraging the powerful reach of online communities, as well as social sharing on Pinterest, to mobilize millions of home cooks to bake and virtually swap cookies in support of Cookies for Kids' Cancer, a nonprofit committed to raising funds to support research for pediatric cancer.
Together, Allrecipes, the world's #1 digital food brand, and Ladies' Home Journal online communities will bake more than one billion cookies in December. Taking part in The World's Biggest Cookie Swap allows these home cooks to rally together, search for delicious cookie recipes, share favorites on their personal cookie Pinterest boards, contribute to Cookies for Kids' Cancer, and enter a sweepstakes to win a trip for two to NYC to have lunch with The Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten.
When it comes to celebrating mouthwateringly delicious holiday treats, a photo is worth a thousand words. Allrecipes and Ladies' Home Journal are two of Meredith's most social brands with more than 31,000 followers on Pinterest combined. In the past year, 30 percent of the most-pinned desserts from Allrecipes.com have been cookie recipes. According to Allrecipes' 2012 Holiday Cooking Trends and Behaviors Survey, 42 percent of online cookie bakers say that a recipe must make 'a very cool looking/pretty cookie' in order to be on their "must-bake" list."Allrecipes launched 15 years ago as Cookierecipe.com and since then, our global community has grown to more than 30 million home cooks who love baking cookies and sharing inspiration and experiences with others online," said Esmee Williams, vice president of brand marketing at Allrecipes.com. "We are excited that the World's Biggest Cookie Swap encourages three passionate communities to give back this holiday season by doing something we already know they love doing, sharing their favorite recipes, excitement for baking and creative ideas." "Through social media, Ladies' Home Journal invites its 12 million readers to become co-creators of the magazine," said Sally Lee, senior vice president and editor-in-chief of Ladies' Home Journal. "Now, with the World's Biggest Cookie Swap, our readers get an opportunity to share the cookies they'll bake for friends and family. We're also thrilled to be able to connect our bakers with Cookies for Kids' Cancer so that their participation will benefit a really great cause." "Nestle Toll House is excited to celebrate with Allrecipes.com and Ladies' Home Journal on the World's Biggest Cookie Swap," said Jim Coyne, Director of Marketing, Nestle Baking. "This campaign is a great way to honor creativity and caring while connecting three communities with a shared passion for baking." Allrecipes.com offers countless resources for home cooks looking for cookie baking inspiration this holiday season. The most popular resources include:
- Thousands of top-rated cookie recipes
- Allrecipes Cookie Countdown: beginning December 1 featuring holiday cookie recipes and baking tips for the 25 days leading up to Christmas
- A robust cookie video library of how-to and recipe content
- New apps including Video Cookbook for iOS and Windows 8
- Allrecipes' Christmas - 100 Best Recipes from Allrecipes.com and Tried & True Cookies eCookbooks featuring the best recipes for holiday meals, along with delicious cookie ideas perfect for giving and sharing (virtually or otherwise!) .
- The " Cookie Swap with the Barefoot Contessa" editorial feature in the December/January issue. The piece focuses on a cookie swap Ina Garten hosted for six top food bloggers and includes favorite recipes from each attendee.
- The holiday cookie home page featuring creative cookie recipes that will become instant classics
- Upcoming Facebook chats with Ina Garten, Deb Perelman from Smitten Kitchen and Joy Wilson from Joy the Baker.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV