MINNEAPOLIS, Nov. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Amcom Software, Inc. today announced that EMH Healthcare is using the Amcom Critical Test Results Management (CTRM) solution as a key part of its process for communicating critical patient test results. The Elyria, Ohio-based organization selected Amcom to provide a more efficient system and improve the workflow for both radiologists and ER physicians, ultimately with a positive impact on patient care.
"We were manually communicating our critical test results," said Michelle Dossa, Manager, Department of Imaging Services, EMH Healthcare. "When a radiologist identified a critical result he or she would contact the ordering provider via phone, and the information was manually reviewed to determine Joint Commission compliance. For all other wet readings, the ER doctors would then have to retrieve information from the PACS [picture archiving and communications system] and reenter it into their EMR. With so much technology at play we looked for an easier solution to bring it all together."
Cleared by the FDA as a 510(k) class II medical device, Amcom's CTRM product integrates with the PACS system, enabling radiologists to document and immediately send alerts about their findings. The communications are HIPAA compliant, and are automatically recorded to provide a full audit trail that supports accountability and assists with Joint Commission reporting.
Amcom inserts the test result findings and alerts into the patient's EMR, eliminating the need for ER physicians to go back and forth between systems. "The ER doctors immediately see an alert on the EMR dashboard. As a result, communications are smoother and our ER process is now much less manual. We have also eliminated the need for radiology nurses to track reports and dictations, maintain a document log, and make calls to notify ER physicians," said Dossa.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV