AMSTERDAM, November 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Tate & Lyle's ground-breaking, new salt-reduction ingredient, SODA-LO™ Salt Microspheres, was recognized as the "Heart Health and Circulatory Innovation of the Year" and as the overall "Most Innovative Health Ingredient of the Year" at the NuW Excellence Awards which was held on Tuesday 13 November at the leading ingredients exhibition for health and nutrition, Hi Europe/Ni/ NuW. These awards recognise excellence and innovation in ingredient and solutions for health, natural and nutritional food solutions.
The winners of a range of categories endorses the exemplary work and contribution to the industry, they are as follows:
- Beauty & Anti-Ageing Innovation of the Year - BIONOV - Cellulight®
- Gut Health, Immunity & Digestion Innovation of the Year - Lallemand - Probio'Stick®
- Heart Health & Circulatory Innovation of the Year - Tate & Lyle - Soda Lo™ Salt Microspheres
- Marketing & Positioning Initiative of the Year - Olympic Seafood - Rimfrost Krill Collection™
- Physical Performance Innovation of the Year - Ingredia - Prodiet Fluid™
- Weight & Hunger Management Innovation of the Year - Fitorex - YASO®
- Most Innovative Health Ingredient or Initiative - Tate & Lyle - Soda Lo™ Salt Microspheres
Close to 40 entries were received into the awards programme with submissions coming from mainland Europe, Taiwan, China and the United States.Chairman of judges Peter Wennstrom commented on behalf of the judges that: "What the jury rewarded in the categories was on the one hand solid innovations within established categories and regulatory frameworks like Ingredia and KitoZyme and on the other hand innovation courage leading in to new categories and expanding functionality into new benefit areas like Lallemand and Yaso. The Marketing and Sustainability Awards both signposted important directions for the industry with sustainability and transparency at the helm. For next year's Marketing and Positioning Award I want to encourage companies to enter innovative use of the new EFSA regulation. And especially creative use of the Article 13.1 generic claims!" The overall winner, Tate & Lyle, commented "We are proud that a jury of experts recognized both the relevance of SODA-LO ™ Salt Microspheres in today's public health environment and the potential extraordinary value that it delivers to food manufacturers," said Andy Hoffman, Director of Health and Wellness Innovation, Tate & Lyle. Also presented on the evening of the 13 th November were two categories created and judged by IUFoST. These categories were the young scientist and the lifetime achievement awards. The awards were judged by a leading panel of industry experts who evaluated the entries on their ability to demonstrate and drive innovation.