Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK) today announced that the U.S. Navy has awarded the company a $21.7 million contract for programmable automation controllers, variable frequency drives, software, and engineering support services to operate machinery control systems onboard U.S. Navy and Coast Guard surface ships. The award enables the Navy and other Department of Defense agencies to acquire engineered systems and services from Rockwell Automation vital to daily and strategic shipboard operations, domestically and globally.
“Control systems designed for the marine industry need to meet stringent requirements, especially for the U.S. Navy, which operates world-class fleets 24/7 throughout the world,” said Joe Moffa, Rockwell Automation marine business manager. “We are proud to meet these requirements and provide the machinery control systems, technical support and engineering services, on-site and through our global network of employees and distributors.”
Rockwell Automation products and software have been installed successfully onboard various Navy and Coast Guard ships since 1997. They are commercially available to navies worldwide in more than 80 countries where Rockwell Automation and its partners conduct business.
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), the world’s largest company
dedicated to industrial automation and information, makes its customers
more productive and the world more sustainable. Headquartered in
Milwaukee, Wis., Rockwell Automation employs over 22,000 people serving
customers in more than 80 countries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV