CHICAGO, Nov. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- At the 98 th annual meeting of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) in Chicago, November 25-29, Royal Philips Electronics (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) today reaffirmed its commitment to transforming care for the imaging and patient community through creating new clinical solutions, offering faster ways to collaborate and providing breakthrough economic value.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/philips-transforms-imaging-care-with-features-that-help-manage-radiation-dose-and-provide-high-image-quality-180787431.html
Philips believes that radiology is the cornerstone of diagnosis and treatment. As advancements in medical imaging help to diagnose and care for patients in new and innovative ways, it remains important to develop solutions that help to improve patient safety and care. Managing radiation dose exposure, while providing high image quality for clinician confidence, is one way to support this charge.
"This is a transformative time in healthcare, and our continued journey has led to fundamental changes in care delivery," said Gene Saragnese, chief executive officer of Imaging Systems at Philips. "At Philips, our primary focus is to support better patient outcomes and in a fundamental way, we are addressing this need by developing systems that provide high quality images using low amounts of radiation – the right scan at the right dose."For more than a decade, Philips has been committed to radiation dose management with its DoseWise philosophy – Philips' set of techniques, programs and practices that facilitate industry-leading image quality, while protecting people in X-ray environments. DoseWise uses the industry standard ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) as its guiding principle. At RSNA 2012, Philips continues to define the future of imaging with advanced dose management solutions, live assistance and education for users, as well as coordinated industry initiatives. New Philips solutions and upgrades focused on high image quality and improved dose management to be featured at the show include:
- CT IMR: a unique knowledge-based iterative reconstruction technique that transforms CT imaging from data approximation to data restoration. IMR is designed to provide virtually noise free image quality* with improvements in low contrast detectability. This process is a significant step towards discovering new clinical potentials for CT imaging.
- MicroDose Mammography with Single-Shot Spectral Imaging (SI) (1) : a full-field digital mammography system that uses direct, digital photon-counting technology to provide high-quality images at 18-50 percent less dose than comparable systems. The new SI (1) application (not available for sale in the U.S.) provides objective spectral breast density measurements for refined risk assessments that can be obtained in the same examination as a standard low-dose mammogram.
- iDose 4 Premium Package: a new Philips CT offering that includes two leading technologies that improve image quality (2) – iDose 4 and metal artifact reduction for orthopedic implants (O-MAR). iDose 4 improves image quality through reduced artifact prevention and increased spatial resolution at low dose. O-MAR reduces artifacts caused by large orthopedic implants. Together they produce high image quality with reduced artifacts.
- Image quality is vital for patient-centered imaging, which is why today Philips CT is announcing that iDose 4 will become standard on the iCT and Ingenuity scanner families 32-slice and above in 2013.
- iPatient: an advanced platform for its family of CT and PET/CT scanners that facilitates patient-centered imaging, enabling consistency through optimal (3) management of image quality, radiation dose and radiation dose reporting – as well as efficient ways to enhance the delivery of appropriate contrast dose with SyncRight. iPatient helps to prepare for future CT technologies that will help improve the care delivered to patients.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts