Adoboli was recently sentenced to seven years in jail after operating the largest unauthorized trading scandal in British history. He was convicted of two counts of fraud.
Barclays (BCS) is another popular search. Qatar Holding said it has sold its remaining warrants in the British bank.
Qatar remains the largest shareholder in Barclays. Its 6.7% stake in Barclays remains unchanged. The sovereign wealth fund said it monetized 379 million units of Barclays warrants, which it acquired during the financial crisis when Barclays raised money from new investors. Deutsche Bank (DB) and Goldman Sachs (GS) sold as many as 303.3 million shares in Barclays for 244 pence apiece. Qatar said it remains confident in Barclays' long-term prospects, despite selling the warrants.
The chatter on Main Street (a.k.a. Google, Yahoo! and other search sites) is always of interest to investors on Wall Street. Thus, each day, TheStreet compiles the stories that are trending on the Web, and highlights the news that could make stocks move. -- Written by Brittany Umar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV