Mr. Patterson added, "My years of service to BancorpSouth have been my life's chosen work. Moving ahead, I look forward to working with Dan Rollins in a successful and seamless transition. I congratulate Hassell Franklin and the board's search committee on their excellent work in selecting Dan. I believe BancorpSouth's best years are yet to come."
Mr. Patterson has served as BancorpSouth's Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer since 1991 and has been on the board of directors since 1983. He served as the Company's President and Chief Executive Officer from 1990 to 1991 and as President and Chief Operating Officer from 1983 to 1990.
Mr. Patterson has held numerous positions in professional leadership, including service as Chairman of the American Bankers Association, President of the Mississippi Bankers Association, and as Chairman of the Bankers Advisory Council of the Conference of State Bank Supervisors, a national organization that oversees state-chartered banking. Mr. Patterson has served as Chairman of the Community Development Foundation, North Mississippi Health Services, Inc., the Mississippi Economic Council, the University of Mississippi Foundation, CREATE Inc., and the Mississippi Partnership for Economic Development. In 2004, Mr. Patterson was appointed to an 11-year term on the Mississippi Board of Trustees of Institutions of Higher Learning.
BancorpSouth, Inc. is a financial holding company headquartered in Tupelo, Mississippi, with $13.2 billion in assets. BancorpSouth Bank, a wholly-owned subsidiary of BancorpSouth, Inc., operates approximately 293 commercial banking, mortgage, insurance, trust and broker/dealer locations in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Tennessee and Texas, including an insurance location in Illinois.SOURCE BancorpSouth, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV