TORONTO, Nov. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Duluth Metals Limited ("Duluth Metals", "Company") (TSX: DM) (TSX:DM.U) is pleased to announce that a fourth drill rig has been mobilized on Duluth Metals 100% owned exploration properties in the Duluth Complex, north-east Minnesota. This fourth drill rig is currently positioned on the northern part of the East Shore property.
"Having several good targets south of the Nickel Lake Macrodike, we have decided to mobilize a fourth rig allowing us to target two drills on the south-east side of the contact." commented Vern Baker, President of Duluth Metals. "Our geological team is aggressively working on the exploration properties with four rigs."
The primary exploration focus on the Nor'East and East Shore Properties is for copper-nickel-PGM mineralization, similar to other known deposits in the Duluth Complex, (e.g., the Maturi Deposit and the deep portions of the Mesaba Deposit). The Nor'East property is situated at the junction of the Nickel Lake Macrodike and the South Kawishiwi Intrusion and represents a prime target area for Duluth Metals. Geological modeling indicates that the property has the potential to host a "Voisey's Bay" type massive sulfide target. The three initial drilling target areas are:
- Target Area 1 - The Nickel Lake Macrodike area
- Target Area 2 - Two miles south of the Nickel Lake Macrodike
- Target Area 3 - The Harris Lake/Heart Lake area approximately four miles S of the Nickel Lake Macrodike.
A map showing the drill rig locations ( Figure 1) can be found on the Company website at www.duluthmetals.com under this press release.
The primary exploration focus on the Nor'East and East Shore Properties is for copper-nickel-PGM mineralization, similar to other known deposits in the Duluth Complex, (e.g., the Maturi Deposit). The Nor'East property is situated at the junction of the Nickel Lake Macrodike and the South Kawishiwi Intrusion and is a prime target area for Duluth Metals. Geological modeling indicates that the property has the potential to host "Voisey's Bay"-type Ni-Cu-PGM massive sulfide mineralization.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV