Obama Re-election Causes Surge In Caribbean Property Inquiries
NEW YORK, Nov. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Based on figures from the CBO and the Joint Committee on Taxation, federal taxes will increase by a total of $423 billion in 2013 if the Bush-era tax cuts are allowed to expire. According to the Associated Press, the increase in taxes will be the largest since 1942.
In light of this, for those looking to secure their funds offshore and control their own spending, the newest development on Roatan, Crystal Sands Villas, may be the answer.
Amy Murphy, a realtor with Russ Lyon Sotheby's International Realty in Scottsdale, Arizona, has experienced an influx of buyers seeking to purchase homes in the Caribbean – with a 70% surge in inquiries since the election.
As the owner of her own Caribbean property on the island of Roatan off the coast of Honduras, Amy has first-hand experience of this offshore buying trend.Since the late 1990s, the value of her property has rocketed from $38,000 to $250,000, a growth trend which is tempting more buyers to invest before taxes rise. Amy said: "In 2012, the Wall Street Journal, Kiplinger's and International Living each designated the island of Roatan - along with the Cayman Islands - as among the top destinations for retirees in the world. "Roatan distinguishes itself by offering full-service spas, world-class golf, dining and shopping all at reasonable prices. It's a haven for anyone looking for an affordable and peaceful island lifestyle and it's appealing for Americans who don't want to give money to governments, agencies and programs they do not endorse. "Many buyers looking to invest money in this market believe that entrepreneurs and families should be able to control their own spending, without being forced to fund an overly deficit US Government."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV