JACKSON, Mich., Nov. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Holiday shoppers looking for a practical gift for a relative, neighbor or person in need might consider a Gift of Energy certificate from Consumers Energy. [Note to news editors: A list of participating credit unions is at the end of this news release.]
"There are few gifts more helpful than the gift of a warm home," said Doug Detterman, manager of customer care for Consumers Energy. "Buying a Gift of Energy certificate for someone in need is truly a heart-warming act this time of year. Many service clubs, charitable organizations and emergency responders, including fire departments, buy multiple Gift of Energy certificates and provide them to neighbors in need."
Those receiving gift certificates just mail them in with their monthly Consumers Energy bill payment, and the amount of the certificate is deducted from the bill total. Certificates cannot be redeemed for cash. The certificates are available in amounts of $10, $20, $25 and $50.In addition to the credit unions, certificates are also available at Consumers Energy bill payment offices, or can be purchased through the mail by sending a check or money order. Requests should be sent to: Consumers Energy, P.O. Box 30079, Lansing, Mich. 48937-0001. "The gift certificates don't have the buyer's name on them, so if desired, you can anonymously help someone in your family, your neighborhood, or your place of worship," said Detterman. For more information about Gifts of Energy or the location of the nearest Consumers Energy office, please visit www.consumersenergy.com/energygift Credit card charges are not accepted for gift certificates. Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy, provides natural gas and electricity to 6.8 million of the state's 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV