NextGen Healthcare Information Systems, LLC., a wholly owned subsidiary of Quality Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: QSII) and a leading provider of healthcare information systems and connectivity solutions, announced today it has joined with Microsoft Corp. (NASDAQ: MSFT) to develop and launch the NextGen® MedicineCabinet application. This is the first joint consumer-based mobile healthcare information technology solution designed for the Windows 8 platform by NextGen Healthcare and Microsoft.
The NextGen MedicineCabinet allows customers to create, store, track and share personal medication records. With a goal to drive patient engagement, NextGen Healthcare and Microsoft collaborated to leverage the recent launch of the Microsoft Windows 8 platform by creating a consumer-based mobile healthcare IT solution. The end result is an advanced healthcare IT application that enables customers to take an active role in care collaboration, setting the stage for future consumer-based healthcare IT solutions, anywhere and anytime across any mobile network.
The free NextGen MedicineCabinet application, available through the Microsoft app store, enables patients to create and update a list of medications, including dosing and schedule information, thus creating their own “personal” medication record. Users can simply add a medication to the list, enter in dosing requirements and let the application run. Notifications are then sent for each medication and user can confirm compliance.
A personal medication record helps physicians and patients avoid inadvertent inconsistencies across transitions in care by reviewing the patient's complete medication regimen at the time of admission, transfer and discharge and comparing it with the regimen being considered for the new setting of care.Leveraging the NextGen MedicineCabinet Application provides a readily accessible, accurate and complete medication record, allowing providers to:
- Identify potential drug-on-drug interactions
- Recognize potentially inappropriate medications
- Reduce duplication of therapies or unnecessary medication
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of medication
- Improve adherence and proper use of medication
- Enhance patients’ understanding of how to properly take their medication and to recognize adverse reactions
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV