Visteon Corp. Stock Upgraded (VC)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.40, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.43, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 345.71% to $156.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, VISTEON CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 27.91%.
- VC, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 14.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Auto Components industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 63.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $41.00 million to $15.00 million.
- The share price of VISTEON CORP has not done very well: it is down 5.52% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. FREE for a limited time only: Get TheStreet Ratings #1 Stock Report NOW!.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.