JOHANNESBURG, November 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Gold Fields Limited (NYSE & JSE, Nasdaq Dubai: GFI) today announced net earnings for the September quarter of R1,424 million compared with R1,606 million in the June quarter and R2,055 million in the September 2011 quarter. In US dollar terms net earnings for the September quarter were US$171 million, compared with US$198 million in the June quarter and US$293 million in the September 2011 quarter.
September 2012 quarter salient features:
- Production losses of 35,000 ounces due to illegal strike action at KDC and Beatrix;
- Underground fire at KDC West responsible for 30,000 ounces of lost production;
- Group attributable equivalent gold production of 811,000 ounces compared with 862,000 ounces in the June quarter;
- Total cash cost of US$916 per ounce and NCE of US$1,448 per ounce;
- Operating margin of 45 per cent and NCE margin of 13 per cent; and
- "24/7" arrangements and other operating improvements agreed at South Deep.
The full results are available on the Gold Fields website:http://www.goldfields.co.za Notes to editors About Gold Fields Gold Fields is one of the world's largest unhedged producers of gold with attributable annualised production of 3.5 million gold equivalent ounces from eight operating mines in Australia, Ghana, Peru and South Africa. Gold Fields also has an extensive and diverse global growth pipeline with four major projects in resource development and feasibility, with construction decisions expected in the next 18 to 24 months. Gold Fields has total attributable gold equivalent Mineral Reserves of 80.6 million ounces and Mineral Resources of 217 million ounces. Gold Fields is listed on the JSE Limited (primary listing), the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), NASDAQ Dubai Limited, Euronext in Brussels (NYX) and the Swiss Exchange (SWX). Sponsor: J.P. Morgan Equities Limited
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV