Imaging Shows Some Brains Compensate After Traumatic Injury
For patient-friendly information on MRI of the brain, visit RadiologyInfo.org.
AT A GLANCE
- Researchers have identified a biomarker that may predict patient prognosis after a concussion.
- A special MRI technique called diffusion tensor imaging measures movement of water molecules in the brain to identify abnormalities and changes after brain injury.
- Concussion accounts for at least 75 percent of all traumatic brain injuries.
SOURCE Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts