The Canadian Society Of Corporate Secretaries Announces The Inaugural Excellence In Governance Awards (EGs)
TORONTO, Nov. 25, 2012 /CNW/ - The Canadian Society of Corporate Secretaries ("CSCS") announces the launch of the Excellence in Governance Awards/ Prix d'excellence en gouvernance (EGs). The inaugural awards ceremony will be held on August 18, 2013 in Halifax Nova Scotia at the opening dinner of the CSCS 15 th annual conference.
The CSCS EG awards recognize the important contribution governance professionals make in terms of best practices that build and sustain shareholder and stakeholder value. The awards underscore the critical role that good governance plays in sustaining the value of Canada's public companies, crown corporations, government agencies and not-for-profit organizations, contributing to the competitiveness of Canada's economy and its capital markets.
CSCS is committed to support and enhance the role of the corporate secretary and governance professionals in Canada. The Society's members work on the front lines of governance and the organization is well positioned through reputation, influence and representation, to celebrate the practice of good governance in Canada.
The Excellence in Governance Awards jury panel is composed of seasoned and well-respected governance experts from across Canada. CSCS will announce the membership of the jury in a separate public statement and will be seeking nominations in early 2013.Candidates eligible for nomination include individuals who play a role in the governance of their organizations, and those who have made a significant contribution to governance in other capacities, including public service. CSCS will seek nominations from the public in the following award categories:
- Best sustainability, ethics and environmental governance programs
- Best use of technology in governance, risk and compliance
- Best approach to board and committee support
- Best shareholder or stakeholder engagement by a governance team
- Best overall corporate governance
- Best approach to board diversity
- Joyce Borden-Reed CSCS distinguished contribution award
- Peter Dey Lifetime achievement award
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV