CHICAGO, Nov. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- At RSNA 2012, Sony Electronics is unveiling its latest display innovation for the medical industry: a work-in-progress 20.5-inch OLED display.
This newest technology demonstration follows a string of recent Sony monitor introductions, including a full line of diagnostic medical imaging monitors and the first OLED monitor designed for a variety of surgical procedures. This new technology is a work-in-progress and not available for sale in the U.S.
Sony ElectronicsMedical Systems Division
WHAT: New 20.5-inch OLED display (work-in-progress)
- Monochrome organic light emitting diode (OLED) panel
- Expands on the noted advantages of Sony's OLED technology, including superb image reproduction and high resolution
- 20.5-inch 2048 x 2560 (5MP) model (viewable area, measured diagonally)
- High luminance, wide viewing angle, high contrast and deep, rich black reproduction
- Black level of less than 0.001cd/M 2 and 500 cd/M 2 luminance (preliminary specification)
- Sony was first to bring OLED to the consumer market in 2009 with an 11-inch TV display
- Sony Medical's OLED PVM-2551MD was awarded Excellence in Surgical Products 2012
- Sony's professional OLED technology received a 2012 Technical Emmy Award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development
- Sony has more than 15,000 professional OLED displays in use worldwide