FUJIFILM Continues To Build 3D Digital Roadmap To Woman's Imaging
CHICAGO, Nov. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- (Booth #8316)—FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A. Inc., which received the '2012 Global X-Ray Mammography Technology Award' from Frost & Sullivan this fall, continues to grow its reputation and leadership role in woman's health with 3D breast imaging technology that provides a direct visual representation of the volumetric structure of the breast. Visitors to the annual meeting of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) will have a chance to see products and have discussions with representatives of the medical imaging and informatics company.
"The early and accurate detection of breast cancer involves technologies that are still evolving. Certainly one of the most promising advancements is 3D digital mammography*, and that's where Fujifilm is concentrating much of its effort," says David Hotchkiss, Director of Marketing, Women's Health. "Think of the increase in diagnostic confidence radiologists will have when 3D digital breast imaging is commonplace. It has the potential to significantly improve the accuracy of breast cancer screening while also reducing the screening recall rates. That's what our recognition by Frost & Sullivan clearly suggests."
Fujifilm's 3D digital solution is undergoing clinical trials at Emory University in Atlanta, GA, Elizabeth Wende Breast Care in Rochester, NY, and Scottsdale Medical Imaging Ltd. in Scottsdale, AZ. Early results are very encouraging. In addition, 3D digital mammography is CE marked and MDD approved in EU and is already installed around the world in 10 countries.While the 3D digital mammography trials and even more advanced R&D are conducted, Fujifilm continues its leadership in Full Field Digital Mammography (FFDM) solutions, built on the legacy of more than 70 years of imaging research and development.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV