- The 'Be More Than a Bystander' project brings the B.C. Lions Football Club together with Ending Violence Association of British Columbia (EVA BC), governments and the private sector. The project is focused on educating bystanders, specifically youth, about what they can do to take a stand to prevent and stop violence against women and girls. The project targets both genders, however a particular emphasis is the engagement of men and boys, including football coaches and their teams across British Columbia.
- The Winnipeg Blue Bombers Football Club is also asking citizens to ' Be more than a bystander. Break the silence on violence against women' to address gender-based violence. The team is working with the Manitoba government to help stop violence against women through a public awareness campaign launched on November 5, 2012.
- The Toronto Argonauts Football Club have a youth oriented bullying prevention program for both elementary and secondary school levels. Its 'Huddle Up Bullying Prevention Program' works with the support of corporate and community partners to inspire and empower boys and girls to take action towards bullying prevention in their schools. This program includes a component that focuses on bullying related issues specific to girls and young women.
Government Of Canada Salutes CFL Teams For Tackling Violence Against Women And Girls
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.