AMSTERDAM and CHICAGO, Nov. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- At the 98 th annual meeting of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) in Chicago, Royal Philips Electronics (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is unveiling the company's next chapter of its unique approach to radiology, Imaging 2.0, by demonstrating new products that enable and improve collaboration among caregivers and integration among systems to transform care together.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/philips-unveils-latest-innovations-at-rsna-2012-180717801.html
This year at RSNA, Philips is showcasing 15 new products and features that reflect the principles of Imaging 2.0, as they offer smart, patient-adaptive systems for patient comfort and image quality, new ways to integrate and share information, and superb value through innovative upgrades. By 2012, Philips has introduced nearly 50 new products and upgrades as part of Imaging 2.0, offering fast ways to collaborate and providing breakthrough economic value to healthcare providers so they can in turn provide customized care, better patient outcomes and reduced healthcare costs."Increased emphasis on sophisticated, diagnostic care has put radiologists and their specialty front and center in healthcare," said Deborah DiSanzo, CEO, Philips Healthcare. "We are working to combine ideas with expertise, innovation and funding, to create solutions that make a real difference to radiologists and their care teams, patients and their loved ones through meaningful innovations." Since the introduction of Imaging 2.0 in 2010, Philips has advanced the dialogue across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and healthcare stakeholders, to help solve the world's toughest healthcare concerns and clinical challenges. "At Philips, we believe that radiology is the cornerstone of diagnosis and treatment," said Gene Saragnese, chief executive officer of Imaging Systems at Philips. "We're in the middle of the most massive transformation in imaging history. At Philips, we're delivering on our promise of delivering innovative solutions year upon year. With additional works in progress, our innovation has only just begun." At RSNA 2012, Philips is showcasing the company's mission of "Transforming Care Together" by featuring several of its latest solutions developed with customer insights in mind, demonstrating the company's commitment to keeping pace with the changing needs of radiologists, including:
- The latest version of its IntelliSpace Portal, an advanced visualization solution for the analysis and interpretation of medical images designed to simplify the way radiologists work with the vast amounts of imaging data sets. The Portal's rich set of clinical applications for Computed Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Nuclear Medicine (NM) studies is outstanding in the healthcare industry.
- iPatient, an advanced platform for its family of CT and PET/CT scanners that delivers focused innovations to facilitate patient-centered imaging now and in the future. It puts patients in control of personalized workflow built to simplify the use of iterative reconstruction techniques, and new methods that facilitate patient-specific dose management. With its SyncRight feature, iPatient allows for easy and efficient communication between the CT system and the injector in order to deliver appropriate contrast dose and consistent image quality.
- The launch of a cost-effective alternative to provide digital broadband MRI. The revolutionary dStream broadband technology, which Philips introduced with its Ingenia MR systems, providing enhanced image quality, improved workflow, easier coil handling and better patient comfort, will now become available for the majority of the installed base of Philips Achieva and Intera MR systems.
- With the next generation Ingenia MR-OR solution for intraoperative neurosurgery, Philips is further expanding its MR offering in the interventional MRI area. An MR-OR suite for intraoperative MRI adds value to neurosurgical facilities, supporting resection procedures that can save precious time for both surgeon and patient.
- The next generation of MicroDose with Single-Shot Spectral Imaging (SI)* together with the first clinical application – Spectral Breast Density Measurement.* The new Philips MicroDose SI*, a full-field digital mammography system, brings the potential of non-invasive spectral imaging to clinical practice without exposing women to additional examinations or X-ray radiation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV