Reading, Writing And Playing Games May Help Aging Brains Stay Healthy
For patient-friendly information on MRI of the brain, visit RadiologyInfo.org.
AT A GLANCE
- Activities like reading a book or writing a letter can preserve brain structure in older adults.
- Researchers used diffusion tensor imaging to measure the movement of water molecules through the brain.
- More frequent cognitive activity in later life was associated with higher microstructural integrity in several areas throughout the brain.
SOURCE Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV