Reading, Writing And Playing Games May Help Aging Brains Stay Healthy
For patient-friendly information on MRI of the brain, visit RadiologyInfo.org.
AT A GLANCE
- Activities like reading a book or writing a letter can preserve brain structure in older adults.
- Researchers used diffusion tensor imaging to measure the movement of water molecules through the brain.
- More frequent cognitive activity in later life was associated with higher microstructural integrity in several areas throughout the brain.
SOURCE Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts