Branding Brand Mobile Commerce Index Shows Black Friday Mobile Sales Up 128%
PITTSBURGH, Nov. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Branding Brand, a mobile commerce platform used by major retailers today announced the results of its Mobile Commerce Index for Black Friday, which showed substantial increases in consumers shopping on smartphones. This announcement follows yesterday's Mobile Commerce Index for Thanksgiving Day, which showed a 221% year-over-year increase in Thanksgiving Day mobile sales.
The Branding Brand Mobile Commerce Index is a compilation of 66 mobile sites developed by Branding Brand for retailers across a variety of industries including apparel, health and beauty, and home goods. The Index is the largest collection of data on commerce sites specifically designed for smartphones, as opposed to non-optimized desktop sites with mobile traffic.
The Index had the following Black Friday results:
- 3,513,367 visitors (63% iOS; 32% Android)
- 20,708,053 page views (62% iOS; 33% Android)
- 50,905 orders (69% iOS; 29% Android)
- $78.92 average order value ( $80.37 iOS; $75.43 Android)
- 20.44% of total e-commerce traffic came from smartphones
- Visits increased 101%
- Page views increased 99%
- Average order value decreased 7.46%
- Mobile sales increased 128%
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts