Branding Brand Mobile Commerce Index Shows Black Friday Mobile Sales Up 128%
PITTSBURGH, Nov. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Branding Brand, a mobile commerce platform used by major retailers today announced the results of its Mobile Commerce Index for Black Friday, which showed substantial increases in consumers shopping on smartphones. This announcement follows yesterday's Mobile Commerce Index for Thanksgiving Day, which showed a 221% year-over-year increase in Thanksgiving Day mobile sales.
The Branding Brand Mobile Commerce Index is a compilation of 66 mobile sites developed by Branding Brand for retailers across a variety of industries including apparel, health and beauty, and home goods. The Index is the largest collection of data on commerce sites specifically designed for smartphones, as opposed to non-optimized desktop sites with mobile traffic.
The Index had the following Black Friday results:
- 3,513,367 visitors (63% iOS; 32% Android)
- 20,708,053 page views (62% iOS; 33% Android)
- 50,905 orders (69% iOS; 29% Android)
- $78.92 average order value ( $80.37 iOS; $75.43 Android)
- 20.44% of total e-commerce traffic came from smartphones
- Visits increased 101%
- Page views increased 99%
- Average order value decreased 7.46%
- Mobile sales increased 128%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV