3. 2012 BMW X5
Market price: $50,079
The crossover of choice for America's swankier ZIP codes takes the kids to lacrosse and prep hockey practice in a ride that includes a panoramic moonroof with two-piece glass panel, automatic front climate control with separate left and right temperature settings, automatic tailgate with opening and closing feature, front and rear parking distance sensors, rearview camera, a heads-up display on the windshield, HD radio, Sirius-XM satellite radio, rear entertainment center and a navigation system with traffic alerts.
That third row of rear seating and engines that range from the 269-horsepower, 26-miles-per-gallon diesel V8 of the xDrive35d to the 4.4-liter, 400-horsepower V8 of the xDrive50i keep the X5's prep-school parents plenty happy. At a time when luxury SUV sales have been slumping, X5 sales jumped from 35,000 just before the recession in 2007 to more than 40,000 last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV