Branding Brand Mobile Commerce Index Shows Huge Gains In Thanksgiving Day Mobile Shopping
PITTSBURGH, Nov. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Branding Brand, a mobile commerce platform used by major retailers today announced the results of its Mobile Commerce Index for Thanksgiving Day, which showed substantial increases in consumers shopping on smartphones.
The Branding Brand Mobile Commerce Index is a compilation of 66 mobile sites developed by Branding Brand for retailers across a variety of industries including apparel, health and beauty, and home goods. The Index is the largest collection of data on commerce sites specifically designed for smartphones, as opposed to non-optimized desktop sites with mobile traffic. The Index had the following Thanksgiving Day results:
- 3,086,154 visitors (63% iOS; 32% Android)
- 17,364,602 page views (62% iOS; 33% Android)
- 29,880 orders (70% iOS; 29% Android)
- $81 average order value ( $81 iOS; $80 Android)
- 20.25% of total e-commerce traffic came from smartphones
Compared to 2011, the Branding Brand Mobile Commerce Index showed the following year-over-year gains for the 26 mobile sites and apps tracked during both periods:
- Visits increased 103%
- Page views increased 133%
- Average order value increased 19%
- Mobile sales increased 221%
"While Thanksgiving Day has traditionally been the quiet before the storm, 2012 was different," said Chris Mason, co-founder and CEO of Branding Brand. "This year, many retailers opened on Thanksgiving or started their Black Friday deals early online. Those who were not at home turned to their phones to make sure they didn't miss out."Branding Brand will release the results of its Mobile Commerce Index for Black Friday on Saturday, November 24. An extended report on the entire Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday period, including data on peak mobile shopping times, will be released in the upcoming week.ABOUT BRANDING BRAND: Branding Brand powers mobile commerce sites and apps for the world's leading retailers, including American Eagle Outfitters, Anthropologie, The Children's Place, Costco, Crate & Barrel, Dick's Sporting Goods, Drugstore.com, Eastern Mountain Sports, Nautica, Ralph Lauren, Sephora, Spanx, Steve Madden, Timberland, and Tumi.Based in Pittsburgh, PA, it is the largest and fastest-growing mobile commerce platform in the industry. It is also a Google Commerce Search Partner, Google Wallet Partner, and PayPal Channel Partner. For more information, visit http://www.brandingbrand.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV