Norquist Responds To Senator Chambliss's Tax Remarks
That is certainly a position I support and the only "plan" that I have endorsed is the Paul Ryan budget that brings the budget to balance and pays down the debt without any tax hikes.
Sen. Chambliss voted for the Ryan plan. I miss his point in trying to attack me.
Raising taxes on the people of Georgia to pay for Obama's reckless spending is not the right thing to do for America or Georgia. We have a problem because Washington spends too much, not because Sen. Chambliss has failed so far to raise taxes on the hard-working men and women of Georgia.
Sen. Chambliss mentions his fear of losing a primary if he breaks his word to Georgians and votes to raise their taxes. History reminds us that when President George H.W. Bush raised taxes in a deal that promised (and did not deliver) spending cuts he was defeated not in the primary, but in the general.When Democrat Sen. Ben Nelson of Nebraska violated his pledge to the American people, he would've won a primary battle. But he withdrew because polling showed he could not win a general election having both lied to his state and raised their taxes. I would urge all Senators to oppose Obama's budget that raises taxes on the American people and sets the stage for larger taxes in the future on energy that will hit all Americans and raise the cost of living while reducing the number and quality of jobs in America. I hope and trust that Senator Chambliss will keep his promise to Georgia and not raise taxes on the people of Georgia. CONTACT: John Kartch, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-202-785-0266
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV