Canadian Grain Commission Concludes Payment Protection Program Review For Newco Grain Ltd.
WINNIPEG, Nov. 23, 2012 /CNW/ - Producers who did not receive payment for grain sold to Newco Grain Ltd. have received compensation for their eligible claims through the Canadian Grain Commission's Payment Protection Program.
Newco Grain Ltd. was a licensed grain dealer located in Coaldale, Alberta, until May 11, 2012.
"When a licensed company is unable to pay producers, we work to ensure producers receive compensation," said Elwin Hermanson, Chief Commissioner of the Canadian Grain Commission. "While we license primary, process, terminal and transfer elevators and grain dealers, we do not license companies such as feed lots. Deliveries made to unlicensed companies are not covered by our Payment Protection Program."
Rules for compensationThe Canadian Grain Commission reminds producers that they must follow and meet certain rules for compensation under the Payment Protection Program. Producers are only covered by a licensed company's security for 90 days from the date they delivered their grain, or 30 days from the date they received a cash purchase ticket. Compensation of 100% can not be guaranteed, and in the case of Newco Grain Ltd., eligible producers only received 95% of the amount they were owed. About the Canadian Grain Commission The Canadian Grain Commission is the federal agency responsible for establishing and maintaining Canada's grain quality standards. Its programs result in shipments of grain that consistently meet specifications for quality, safety and quantity. The Canadian Grain Commission regulates the grain industry to protect producers' rights and ensure the integrity of grain transactions. Related information
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV